Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das offizielle Forum zu Creative und AT. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 22. November 2008, 00:24

Arutimishia

At the end of the game, Arutimishia says "...SeeD... SeeD......SeeD...... SeeD, SeeD, SeeD! Kurse all SeeDs
". That`s six times and there were six people in the room (excluding Arutimishia herself).
Basically, Arutimishia thought Rinoa and Irvine were SeeDs, so she labelled them as SeeDs. Was she wrong or was she actually right?

ShadowFlame

unregistriert

Samstag, 22. November 2008, 00:50

Hello and welcome to our board!

Actually, I think the number of how often she said it isn't really related to the number of people who are eyeball with eyeball to her. It seems to be an expression of annoyance and ridicule. Even though, maybe at that point of the game, SeeDs had become more than a military unit. They probably see themselves as SeeDs, as humen fighting against a power that threatens their future. You know, later in game, garden rules became unimportant and they fight all together as humen not as soldieres. Anyway, I don't think it was planned for Artemisia (Arutimishia) to err (maybe Square did).

BTW, feel free to ask for assistance if you have problems to get along in this german BB. And of cource you can start a thread in every board you like (as long as it fits the topic ^^)

Mittwoch, 22. April 2009, 18:33

I have found something in-game and converted them into animations. Compare the two animations below:

Check out the shadow. :)

This thread is mostly about the Rinoa = Selphie theory.

This finding PROVES that SquareSoft have made a mistake. Therefore, it`s possible that they have made another similar mistake at the end of FF8; Arutimishia saying 6 SEED in a row, directed at Rinoa. Although, I`m not sure about Irvine ...

You know Selphie`s final limit. I think that should have been Rinoa`s final limit. The background of that limit is SOOOO almost the same as the background of Rinoa standing on a beautiful field in the beginning/ending of the game. I do not know why Square changed that one ..

And, you know Selphie asked you for a tour at BG. Well, Rinoa asked the same question later in the game. Suspicious? ;)

You know Selphie grew up with the others at the orphanage, right. So, I think that was MEANT to be Rinoa.
So why did Square change this? I have made a long post about this on eyesonff.com but I can`t be bothered to repeat. Still, at the moment I`m trying to figure out why did Square change some aspects of the script relating to Rinoa and Selphie ..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Serapy« (22. April 2009, 18:42)

ShadowFlame

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 22. April 2009, 21:20

Well, our former member VisionCatcher wrote an essay exactly about this issue. In his gist he claimed that Selphie was not part of the original game concept.
He corroborated his belief with some facts I'll sum up:

- Selphie is the least profound character of all. Her only prominent trait is her manner of speaking. She never revealed what's deep within her soul.
- There was no reason to devide the kid's gang (Selphie to Trabia) and bring them back later when transferring Selphie back to Balamb.
- Rinoa claimed that she only wanted to dance with Squall (they didn't know each other in the final version of the game) because it would look weird to look for a person (Cid) in the midst of the people. This excuse is actually weird.
- Of course, there are those early videos showing Rinoa on a SEED mission.
- The first encounter with Selphie (she and Squall ran into each other) is a scene that would fit Rinoa much better than Selphie.

Selphie's character might have been constructed to improve the story and get rid of some conceptual weak points (e.g. Squall and Rinoa knew each other in their childhood and grew up together)

You can find the full essay (german) here: http://ff8at.de/essays.php?a=102&p=515

Donnerstag, 23. April 2009, 01:11

Oh, didn't know about that essay. o_O interesting.

Also, remember at Trabia where Selphie disallowed Squall from viewing her files on that big computer? Let's imagine... if she was actually Rinoa... she disallows Squall from viewing her files. Would that make more sense? I can imagine Rinoa writing diaries about Squall from time to time and she would become embarrassed if Squall read her diaries...
But with the new script... I cannot think of any good reason why Selphie disallowed Squall from viewing her files.

There are so many stuff to ask regarding this theory.

Very interesting! Btw did you see the animations?

Bookmark and Share
AT-Button 3